Has anyone ever had this happen before? This afternoon the principal who has caused so many problems for our DD literally stormed out of our IEP meeting in a huff. We were recording the meeting so I made a point of ensuring her behavior was documented and went on to list for the record all the damaging things she has done to DD over the past year+. We also asked that she be removed as the listed administrator for our IEP team, especially since the district has representatives from central office attend our meetings. After the meeting our consultant spoke with the Director of Pupil Personnel Services and said "You just witnessed why this placement cannot work."

I am thinking of contacting the superintendent - who we previously met with in January and expressed our concerns about this principal then- but want to be sure of my position before I do. Our consultant said he has never seen another principal storm out of a meeting and yet this is the second time this one has done it to us. This is the same principal who insisted that DD's classroom must have a color chart despite it being her biggest anxiety trigger, who insisted that DD was violating the school's "no hat policy" despite it being agreed to in an IEP meeting that she could wear one to attempt to reduce her migraines, who punished her for an anxiety response with the explanation that she didn't understand that the IEP applied or realize that DD had an anxiety component to her IEP, who failed to appropriately address bullying issues last year and only addressed them this year after an initial failure to follow through that we called her on, etc, etc, etc. It has been a very bumpy road to say the least.

Interestingly no one else in the meeting had any reaction to her behavior. No comments, no body language, nothing. A friend who teaches in the district said both that anyone in the meeting would have been written up if they responded in any way and that any teacher would have been severely disciplined if they walked out on a parent meeting or IEP meeting. She was dumbfounded that the principal could possibly do this. "As the principal she CAN'T leave a meeting. She just can't." I can't even begin to imagine how severely she would have punished any student who behaved the way she did.

Our dealings with this woman have been so awful that nothing surprises me anymore. Can anyone provide some useful feedback here?