That's a very severe law, good thing they knew about it!

I'm glad they'll keep him at home and help him in these early years. When I took my DD out of kindergarten it was sweet relief, and we had such wonderful, wonderful days and she wrote me sweet notes about how much I must love her to teach her at home.

Before I took her out, when I had to drop her off with the social worker and psychologist before school for her social skills training, DD very uncharacteristically was clinging to me and crying "don't make me go with them". I was devastated. Don't worry anyone, it only lasted a couple of weeks...)

Not shocked either. The psychologist in the school my DD left,2nd public school, during a meeting in 2nd grade, said it was appropriate for DD to daily have at least three kids standing around her harrassing her and DD breaking down in tears or finally shouting at the kids to leave her alone (for which she was reprimanded, the other kids weren't) because "it will allow her to build her coping skills". Not to mention she miscalculated a friend's son scores, calculated something like IQ 79 (he's on the spectrum) ...when tested privately, with a better 2E testing and evaluated properly his IQ is more like 130!!!

I'm sure your dear nephew will turn out fine with such caring parents who are able to balance information and take action according to what they feel is right for him.

Last edited by bzylzy; 01/31/13 04:10 PM. Reason: typos!