Just came from a meeting with Spec Ed teacher and SW to discuss lack of appropriate modifications, accommodations and differentiation by the classroom teacher. I brought examples of work DD did while para was out which seemed to really make my point, especially when combined with the reading the test aloud and specific examples of failure to modify work in the classroom. They plan to work with her to improve the situation. They feel that this teacher is the best option for second grade. She has a pleasant demeanor and a gentle speaking voice, so best for not triggering DD's anxiety from that perspective. We made clear that the substance below the demeanor is really our concern. We'll see what happens - if it doesn't improve then Dept of Ed complaint looks more likely. At least I know from their reaction that the documentation I have will likely be effective if we have to move forward. Will keep you posted...

By the way former DSS told our consultant that the district "never" goes to Due Process. I have found only 1 case online and that was dismissed because the parents initially agreed to what they were filing the grievance about. Consultant has talked to new DSS about the importance of teacher placement for next year. If we are again told "principal prerogative" we are likely to take action. Luckily DD's migraine cycle seems to be over. Last week was not pretty.