To Val:

It is a public charter school and he is already enrolled in one of the programs in that charter school.

No one is asking the teacher to change him. I would act as his aide. If I could not go for some reason my husband would or I would find a replacement or keep him home. In the regular school K program kids in diapers are allowed to enroll, but the parent must come to school to change them.

It is not the flu. It is more akin to asthma, severe allergies, or aids and I'm pretty sure all kids with those conditions are allowed to attend school. And he's already attending school in the same charter, just a different program (that's what REALLY gets me...)

There is no public health threat since he is in pull ups, not underpants, and would be getting changed as soon as they were soiled. This cannot affect other children's health unless they decide to go digging around in his pull ups and I'd be there to stop them even if they did get that idea.

To everyone else: Thank you so much. I have already talked with the administrator and written a letter to the teacher asking for her specific concerns about the issue. Originally it was just the administrator who had issues. I am planning to contact a school advocate if my meeting with the teacher on Monday does not change anything. In the meantime I will research the ADA guidelines and see if I can find anything to print out that will help. For some reason I was blanking on ADA... I'm going to make sure to stress it is a medical issue not a potty training one and someone else suggested that I throw in "I don't believe my child should be discriminated against due to his medical condition."