As soon as he learned to crawl, 9 months, and walk, 11 months, and could get to the bookcases. He would go over and pull books out all over the place, but when he picked one to look at (these are my books, not picture books), he always held them right side up. He knew which way words were supposed to go. He loved the page numbers, and would sit there and count them, so he knew all his numbers by 18 months. By 2, that was ALL the numbers, because he loved the show Who Wants to be a Millionaire and would holler out the numbers and the amounts of money. He knew the difference between numbers that were just numbers and numbers that were money, and numbers with decimal points, and he would read them correctly. "Six point seven, Fifty dollars and thirty-three cents."

This was also the point at which I first suspected autism of some sort, when he was running around in a circle, counting to himself, and I said, "oh no, my kid is Rainman." Not quite, as it turned out, but he does have Asperger's.