Time to learn the famous 'redirect.'

You say: 'Yes Teacher, It's possible that he is complaining due to when he misbehaves then doesn't like school. But what other possibilities are there? How might we test that idea?'

Basically whenever she says something that gets her off the hook and you on it, agree and ask 'what other possibilities are there? How might we test that idea?'

I agree that introducing the idea that the misbehavior might be caused by the boredom instead of vice versa, but it's even better if you can give the teacher time to think aloud and come up with that idea on her own. If not, then definitely suggest it.

He is complaining daily. Is he misbehaving daily?

It's your job to 'close the loop' in terms of expressing your son's emotional state in a persuasive and interesting way. Be sure the teacher knows how badly you feel about the daily complaining. This isn't the moment to 'be strong.'

That she is planning to talk to the first grade teachers is good. I would ask the teacher how the MAP scores compare to other kids in his class and to kids in the 1st and 2nd grade classes. You need to know.

Is it a half day or full day program?
Is there a gifted program that you can request that he be tested for?
I would repeat the emotional concerns to the Gifted Coordinator in writing, and state that you are formally requesting an evaluation because you don't think your child's educational needs are being met in the regular classroom.

Everyone cares if your kid is happy or unhappy. It's your job to let them know what's going on.

((hugs))
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com