Well, my ds is in kindergarten week 11. Grades about to close for term 2. His teacher and I have been in contact about every 2 weeks. Last week, I wrote her sending feedback after the star test and AR leveling came back. ( I told her thanks;the book was better; that he's started using his homework as a starting point and expanding on it- writing a couple sentences, making harder questions/ problems and answering them; and that he doesn't think he does math at school. Also, mentioned what I've said to him: listen to your teacher, follow the rules, be patient). After this email, the teacher is requesting another parent/ teacher conference. I'm not really sure why. However, I am hoping to use this time to see if I can get language arts differentiation for my ds. I would think with MAP score and now AR test, it would be easier to advocate for. Also, I have tried to email the gifted coordinator for the school to see if he would speak/ meet with mw regarding if I should recommend my ds for gifted. (He has not responded.) I'm not sure if I should ask ds teacher what she thinks (the request is due Monday.). I know my ds is still trying to find his place at school. He definitely tries to be a pleaser, but the teacher is already starting to see some behavior issues. He complains daily about the lack of challenge at school. I'm just not sure if I'm heading in the right direction. Also, I'm really tired. I wish my ds was enjoying more of kindergarten, so I could worry less.
Sorry this is long winded, but any advice would be great! Thanks!
Melessa