*Sigh* that is what I think we will end up doing. The sad thing is we really shouldn't have to do 'afterschooling'. At this point school just feels like a waste of time for anything learning related. Her class isn't even doing spelling yet and I think they are quite capable. Heck, my 3rd grader hasn't even had spelling yet this year and we're going into the third month of school. I'm really starting to lose my faith with this magnet school but unfortunately they are the only school with the G&T program in our city. Otherwise we would have to drive 20 miles away to go to a different one and dh really doesn't want to do that. Other option (if the G&T class next year doesn't make a difference) is to go to our neighborhood school and hope that they will allow dd to go to the next grade up for reading and math.

Any recommendations for math books/programs for dd? I'm currently using Saxon for my older dd who is struggling with math as a remedial program in addition to the Everyday Math they use in school. Saxon works really well for older dd b/c it is very repetitive and slow moving while spiraling but not as much as EM. Dd#2 who is 6 probably needs something quicker.