hi, saw this post and interested in it b/c having this same problem in current ds*turning6thiswk* kinder class. no differentiation. was told would be and NONE.

i can't afford testing and schl district won't do much more than look at it, they will do own testing. in 2nd grade, i will request it early, in approx 10mos.

everyone here suggests supplementing afterschool...
but when does my son get to just play and be a little boy? it irks me beyond belief that he sits at school 6.5hrs each day, and learns relatively very little, if any. such a waste of time! i think what i could do with that time, if i was teaching him-- but i want him to have the social incl routines of school. that is huge part of kindy.

what are you going to do?
do you have any options/choices?

*also re teacher say dd can't do a subject etc, have u met with her about this to explain she is doing it at home, and maybe dd try to fit in with rest of class? i'm surprised teacher doesn't know about this?
finally--- going underground can happen with boys also, it is slowly but surely-before my eyes- happening with mine.

good luck and plz share how it goes and what solutions you all come up with smile

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller