I'm so happy that my DS's Warriors phase was short-lived. I read part of the first one, and thought it was pretty good, then we couldn't get the books in order at the library so got maybe the 4th one? And it was just horribly written. I avoided that one at bedtime when we normally read a chapter aloud to DS (though now we've hit the "you read too slowly" phase so he reads to himself).

I've got a great next series for you to try, with a strong female lead, not girly in the least: Leviathan steampunk series by Scott Westerfeld. I started reading that aloud to DS8 when he had stopped reading for a bit, and it got him hooked. He's now finishing Westerfeld's Uglies series, which kids who liked the Hunger Games will probably like. [ETA: These are both YA series, but very tame and not about romance- perhaps one innocent kiss per book.]

ETA: I don't think there's any problem with re-reading books (though I think the only books I've ever re-read were LOTR). But it's kind of fun to seek out new series too. Good luck!

Last edited by st pauli girl; 10/03/12 12:39 PM.