He seems like a normal kid to me, he's just very smart too.  Nurture or nature?  He has a family tree full of 'em plus a mother who started educating him on the 3r's.  He loves cartoon network and playing tag.  He easily learned early academics that some kids twice his age struggle with.  

You'll never know if they were  born to be smart or if it was nature vs. nurture.  If a parent educates their child it shows the parent enjoys education, or else they wouldn't have stuck with it; nurture as a proof of nature. 

Originally Posted by Iucounu
  I believe that they tend to be self-selected to a certain degree based on educational needs, but also in some cases based on an apparent desire to have a gifted child, and as gifted as possible at that.

And I'm glad for that.  It ruffled 
my feathers to read parents posting elsewhere variations of, "I sometimes wish my kid weren't gifted.". Rude.  Why?!  

Originally Posted by NotSoGifted
Most folks who post here seem to know that their child is gifted from the time the child is a toddler. I see a lot of threads asking if a two or three year old kid is gifted. I can understand that you can recognize a gifted kid when they are PG, but what about other kids?

From the little while I've been a regular here I've seen a few of the parents of older gifted kids move on.  They've said it is because this board was good for them when they needed it, but their advocacy has been done, their kids are almost grown.  There are some parents of olders still here either because their advocacy is not finished and/or to help those of us coming after.  The bulk of parents posting about giftedness are understandably elementary school or preschool because that's when issues appear, advocacy appears, and testing happens.  I imagine the posters with gifted babies have a history related to giftedness, or a family history; sometimes it's the daycare worker who tells them.  

But posters here do like their giftedness, thank goodness.  

Enough about me, let's talk about you.  So what you didn't know?  You raised your kid like every generation of parents before you.  You just raise your kids, and that's all, just like the rest of us.  

http://www.meritaid.com/

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parents-forum/

^^ here's where the parents of gifted teens go ^^

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar