Originally Posted by CCN
Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
Agree wholeheartedly.

We didn't see that exclusively online gaming led anywhere good developmentally speaking, and it is downright terrifying to have one's 8-9yo child SKYPING with god-knows-who at two in the morning. On the internet. Ai yi yi. Smart or not, a nine year old child isn't savvy enough to be dealing with a potential predator on her own.

Yup... that's why we have a strict "no computers in bedrooms" rule. We have three computers and they're all in the living room / dining room area. DS8 has quite the YouTube addiction and needs to be watched closely (not gaming I know... that would be for a different, "internet supervision" thread, lol).

Yes, we also have this rule.

Didn't stop my DD, though. She would just sneak downstairs at night, spend a few minutes re-enabling the wireless network (which we locked down at night) and away she'd go. We were sound asleep.

And no, not all kids have this propensity. I think most parents can judge whether or not their kids have that obsessive streak, though DD doesn't demonstrate it outwardly as much as some more loquacious children do.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.