DS9 is a games addict, just like his mother! He has had what may be a fleeting fancy with Pokemon cards over the summer -- that one seems to have tapered off lately, but it may recur. He's completely and incurably addicted to Super Mario games, and that one never goes away. If there's no new Mario game coming along when he's sick of the old ones, there's a new platform instead, so they keep the crack coming.

He's getting a D&D starter set for his birthday next week -- I figured with the Pokemon thing and the fascination with HP and strengths and all that, he might be ripe for a new love. We'll see how that goes. He might have to get a bit higher in school to find anybody else interested in D&D. Oh, and I also got a fantastic set of huge foam gaming dice from ThinkGeek -- who wouldn't want some of those? smile

I find that even though Nintendo and Wii games take up a great deal of his time, they also give him a connection to other kids that he wouldn't have if he didn't have the games. He is 2E with Asperger's, and anything that boosts his ability to interact socially is a good thing. It gives him something to talk about, and a subject that they will listen to when he talks too much about it.

I also got him a Minecraft account, but unfortunately it won't run on any computer but my laptop, and he isn't allowed on my laptop when I'm not there, so he hasn't been able to get much playing time in.