mary thank u for your input as far as her grades she is still stright a's and the books were chapter books like 200 pages or so not like the harry potter books although she might like that.so she is doing well on her own but when she says she is board i will give her some ideas and things to do her reply the other day was "mom why do u want me to do something that has to do with learning or productive" i really think she is trying to find her way but she might be a little lost too, she sometimes will try to like the things that the other girls like so we buy the bratz dolls and things that that but it does not last long. we have done the puzzles,computer games science labs, politics and the different compossers that just lights her up, but to find friends that like that stuff is hard.i have been looking for a long time of play groups for gifted kids but i can not find any the only ones are for home schooled kids. do u know if it is possible for gifted kids to just average out? again thank u for your input. kristina

kristina