I agree that jealous behavior should not be tolerated. I have received quite a bit of this from other moms, not just this woman, so I am have accepted its just how some people are. I honestly am on the fence about whether to bring him back again. I don't feel comfortable. I notified the woman's supervisor in an email of her inappropriate behavior so I will see what she says back.

g2mom I will try to answer all of your questions here. Yes it is a community center that I take my son to once or twice a week in the summer. I have summers off because I work in schools. During the school year he attends full-time daycare elsewhere so he will be done there in a few weeks anyway.

The woman who has offended teaches parenting classes at the community center and drops her daughter before working. she also helps out with the daycare such as making meals, helping out in the classrooms at times etc. She is not his teacher but there are times he may be left alone with her if she is overlooking his class when the teacher steps out. It's all one big team effort there.

Her daughter is 4 and in the preschool room, my son is in the infant/toddler room. No matter what time I drop my son she is likely to be there. I may be more bothered by this woman than my son, but I have noticed a big difference in how he responds to her since she has began acting this way which concerns me. She use to be really nice and as soon as she saw him spelling words her behavior took a 180. If she is acting like that in front of me, making those sarcastic remarks and being rude, I wonder how she acts when I'm not around.

I asked my son why he does not say hi to her and he says "no" or that he doesn't like her. He talks to all of the other adults there so it seems he is picking up something he doesn't care for from her.

I don't want her behavior to ruin my experience of the place but I feel like I have ignored it long enough and by not saying anything I am allowing more of it. I don't appreciate her rudely cutting me off to talk down the school I was looking at for my son, or sarcastically saying "oh don't answer I bet you can spell the answer right" and things of that nature. It seems like she has a jealousy issue.

I couldn't imagine pressuring her 4 year old daughter to speak to me and then making a sarcastic remark like that when she didn't respond.

Truthfully I am very scared for my son and feel like he will be targeted for being mistreated. I never know how far people will take feelings of jealousy but he is so young and I find it unsettling that someone would even make remarks like that to a 2 year old especially with the tone she used. She obviously isn't happy about him spelling.

I spoke to his teacher and she told me that her and the woman are friends, and she does not think she would do anything to my son, but that feelings of jealousy are to be expected when a child is gifted. My son loves his teacher there so I really have mixed feelings about all of this.

Last edited by Isaiah09; 08/06/12 07:05 PM.