Originally Posted by Mk13
I guess I will be in a minority given all the other comments ... but I wouldn't be taking my child out. I wasn't there so don't know what kind of voice the woman used and all ... but to me it certainly doesn't sound malicious ... I take it as a JOKE. One that I could see myself making over a friend's child or even over my own. I was a gifted child and had to listen to a lot of stuff I wasn't happy with but this thing is not one that would make me hurt or upset in any way.

I WOULD however look more into WHY your son is ignoring her and what has been going on aside from this little incident because kids don't just shut out other people for no reason ... at least most of them don't. If I found out there was a reason to be worried then yes, I would be looking for other options, especially since you don't have to have your child in and this is just an enrichment activity.

I agree with you. I worked with 2-year-olds in a preschool and I always thought the most advanced children were a real treat to work with. It was fun getting to teach a 2-year-old to subtract or do other things the rest of the class wasn't ready for. They always had their obvious weak areas to balance them out anyway so there was real no reason for anyone to be jealous of those kids even if he wanted to be.

I also worked with a woman who could have made the comment the OP's son's teacher made. She was just immature and would say things to all of the kids like that at times. It bothered me a lot but I never saw it upset any of the kids.

I don't think you should automatically read jealousy into everyone's actions. I also wonder if the teacher's coworker was just agreeing with your general comments about people being jealous to pacify you, but not actually agreeing that the other teacher was acting out of jealousy.