thanks, DeHe!

She has never played with a peer :-( I keep hoping for one, but we haven't met any. This may be due to the classes she has been in or our lack of a neighborhood. I don't think that she is that unusual that she wouldn't meet another child like herself in this community where the word on the street is that the children are very bright overall and gifted kids are not that uncommon. I am hoping that she meets someone in her first grade class this year and that they took that into consideration with placement. I know she is being placed with two very bright boys, but those boys are more gifted in math and she could really use a creative, imaginative, verbal little girl who can jump in with her, lead, and follow, and who challenges my DD6 in a good way. A mom can dream... We have not sought acceleration because we keep being told that there are other gifted kids etc. The highest group in her K class was still very low for her, but I am hoping that they can do better next year.

We did have some testing that had her at third grade while still in preschool. I had my doubts about skipping her due to emotional and social issues. She had a good year in K and was loved by her teachers and a true leader. I really don't know what to do next year besided wait and see. I tend to worry about the social and emotional piece whereas the school sees this confident kid who had no problem speaking in front of the school twice and who seems very outgoing. I guess I see the vulnerabilities that others don't see.

Last edited by TwinkleToes; 07/30/12 01:59 PM.