Hi Everyone,

I have been reading these forums for a few months now, but haven't been very active in participating. My DD is 2.5 and is in OT for eating issues. The range of foods she eats is very narrow, and if she has something in her mouth she doesn't like she will not just gag, but completely throw up to get rid of it. She is a little better about it now, however, because she just fully refuses to try anything new - ha!

Today, her therapist told me that she suspected this for a while, but it was confirmed to her that DD has praxis. I think that's the right term, anyway. I've only had about a 5 minute conversation with her about it. She said that basically, DD has trouble figuring out how to play with a toy or do a task without being shown or told how first, and that DD is very, VERY smart with an amazing memory and other skills that compensate for it so it has taken her a while to determine that is what is going on. She also said that it is something that would really affect her in school so recognizing it now will help her learn to deal with it sooner.

Is there anyone out there dealing with this issue?

Mary