Yes, I wasn't presuming to feel entitled to any answers to the questions that I posed. Not at all-- only that the OP should probably ask them of himself.

Ahhhh...

while I am also curious, I've learned the hard way that seeking data which is "maybe useless/not useful/ambiguous" presents problems of its own. Is it accurate? What does it mean? Is there any HARM in having the information? This is the same argument against full-body, 'just because' MRI's and CT scans, expense aside. If you learn something that you can't DO anything about, or maybe something that you can do something about but probably shouldn't...

make sense?

So. IQ and adults. In adults, largely, IQ has nothing to do with destiny. Motivation and persistence have MUCH more to do with success than IQ does.

If you're happy, successful in a competitive field/endeavor and consider yourself "capable and intelligent" then what good would it do to discover that your IQ is actually only 105?

On the other hand, if you're lonely and living in your parents' basement delivering pizzas as a high-school dropout, what good does it do you to learn that your IQ is 165?

It just gives you a reason for self-doubt in the first instance, and maybe arrogance/guilt/shame in the second. It's not really very useful in either case, and the number (whatever it is) can't be used to fire the first person any more than it can be used to secure admission to an Ivy League school in the second.

As adults, we largely are what we make of ourselves and our potential. The arguments in favor of IQ testing mostly apply to children.

Bottom line-- this is something for which there is no "un-do" switch. Once you know-- you know. That's why it seems to me to be a good idea to make sure that it's really what you want/need to do.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.