Originally Posted by Cawdor
No, you are wrong making a statement without any proof backing up .. the burden of proof is on you for saying these "intolerances" exist.
and

Originally Posted by Cawdor
I for one believe most of these "conditions" are pretty much bunk based on my experience "curing" a lot of kids from them in 8 weeks.

1. First you said that I had to prove that they exist. I did that and you didn't respond. Then you said that "most" of them are bunk. Which one is it? Do you think they exist or not? Did the researchers listed in the Wikipedia make it all up?

2. This is getting frustrating in part because it uses the same flawed logic in the gifted-kids-don't-exist argument that many schools peddle.

Cf.
  • Most kids learn to read when they're 6. I've never met one who could read when he was 2, so therefore those kids don't exist and your kid is making it up.
  • Most people can eat animal fat. I've never met someone who could get sick when he eats it, so therefore no one like that exists, and your kid is making up his illness.

Maybe this comment belongs on the Gifted Adults thread, but personally, it's very frustrating for me when people can complain about a fundamental error in thinking in one area and completely overlook the same error in themselves, in a different area. Call it a failure of imagination or willful ignorance or an inability to admit a mistake or arguing for its own sake. Either way, the flawed conclusion is the same.

Last edited by Val; 06/28/12 02:02 PM. Reason: Clarity