This is very interesting, my DD received the exact same diagnoses (ADHD, PDD-NOS, Anxiety, and situational depression) her WISC scores were very similar except reversed on VCI/PRI - she spiked in VCI with the PR being the lower one.

Originally Posted by epoh
The big thing for me is that having a diagnosis of PDD-NOS means that DS now qualifies for a whole list of special services that only apply to kids on the spectrum. (I forget the names, but there's basically a special state law related to IEPs for kids on the spectrum, due to the fact that they often don't have academic delays, but still need special help.)

I would love to know more about what services they provide, it's too late for my DD but I am curious what we would have received if we had gotten the diagnosis earlier. I am still trying to figure out what supports would be helpful to ask for in college.

I am not sure about the ASD/PDD-NOS question either, I was told they don't give the ASD diagnosis anymore so I assumed it was just the new term for HFA but my DD keeps telling me she does not have ASD, just PDD-NOS so I guess it's spelled out somewhere.