OH My Polarbear...I said that a month ago...

There is NO way this child was EVER going to let me convince her to homeschool, so you can imagine my surprise when she asked to on her own!

I think it is partly and mostly because she wants to do more Ballet, and I'm soooooo worried about asking her to do her work. I know that some people like to teach on the fly, but with this kid, she needs to know exactly what is required of her ahead of time so she can't accuse me of changing the rules to make her life harder...lol

She really is a good girl, just has learned to avoid doing work, and gets away with it too!

There has been no gifted program, and because there are only a handful in our district, I think the teachers let her slide on penmanship because of her obvious capacity to learn and her ability to always know what is going on.

Ugh...thank you for the the replies, but I think I'm more nervous than I was before.

She does keep a blog and I'm sure most of her reports will be done via PowerPoint or movie, or even comic cartoon, but I don't plan to home school forever and I have to make sure that she is on target when she returns.

I am not gifted. I already don't feel i can teach Math to her...

Learning together doesn't seem like a good option either because she already thinks that adults are a little dim witted...I don't want to give her more ammo for that assumption...