Originally Posted by sydness
She has become quite the underachiever and would like to spend all her time making movies, powerpoint presentations, reading ballet blogs, or drawing and panting.

My 10 year old also likes most of those same things (and has become convinced she doesn't like math)... We aren't homeschooling, but fwiw, I think what you have there is actually a good starting foundation for building on whatever curriculum you choose for writing. It sounds like she likes creative writing, so don't feel like she has to only write things down - she can also tell her stories through making movies, writing her own blog perhaps, and through her art (drawing and painting). You can teach grammar/spelling/punctuation/editing/revising/etc all through working with her own stories that she creates, and it doesn't hurt to let her focus on her areas of interest - so if it's ballet she loves, have her write stories about ballet (if she wants to).

I'm sorry I don't have any specific curriculum suggestions, but my kids are all adamantly opposed to homeschooling lol! I can't even begin to imagine corraling my 10 year old dd into doing all she'd need to do to be homeschooled, even if we were able to compact it into 2-3 hours per day as I've heard can be done - she's just too into drama over anything remotely sounding like work or like my idea!

Good luck!

polarbear