So it seems the neuropsych my son has been referred travels nationally speaking about ADHD. And while my son has some characteristics of ADHD, a previous assessment ruled that out as a cause. I am looking forward to the upcoming assessment (we still don't have an appointment yet - in the jumping through insurance and referral hoops stage), but there is a bit of concern that with this person's focus on ADHD that there might be a tendency to attribute those characteristics in my son to ADHD.

Any advice on broaching the subject with the neuropsych without twerking his jaw out of joint? I want him to test deeper, because I'm pretty sure the memory issues are not ADHD.

The initial child psychiatrist we met with last week said that this neuropsychologist picks his cases and doesn't accept new patients without a referral and reviewing the case, so I guess we should be grateful to have been accepted. But I don't want my son's case to be part of an "agenda" (not that it will, but it might be).

I'm practicing my eggshell walking techniques, but any advice you all have would be very appreciated.

(Oh, and I finally heard from the math teacher. She's given my kiddo a list of assignments he can redo and turn in on Monday. He will be passing and not needing summer school because of the zeros. Yay for understanding teachers!)