Originally Posted by La Texican
Some gifted personnel told me that, "school will probably never meet the needs of a kid like that" when I told her that I completely believe he'll be able to write a book report independantly by the first grade. I just helped him write a three paragraph essay about his family last month and he's not in pre-k yet.

This is SO Wolf! I wouldn't be at all surprised to have heard myself say exactly the same thing about him.

Wolf skipped K and is subject accelerated in most areas on top of that. He didn't miss skipping K since it's really not much more than preK and he'd attended preK for a while.

Bear is the the OP reminds me of the most though. When he was three there was no way I could imagine sending him to preK or school ever really due to the tantrums, single mindedness, irritation with peers, etc. Now he has been at the local special ed preschool once a week for an hour or two for about four months and has had two years of growth. He is a totally different kid. Several of the issues he had just months ago are nearly gone. It's not due to the school either, at least not in my mind. It's physical growth and skills.