I had the same question about the test, if he got a 90 percent on a second grade end of the year test, then I'd probably want him in third grade math, no? smile And the questions he did miss on the test were a mixture of careless errors, and unfamiliar concepts (fractions and timeline)

DH has strong opinions on the no homeschooling thing, I was hoping that at the conference with the tester on Monday that she would provide that as an option and help DH towards a better understanding and less judgmental opinions. I think it will help my case that it is only for two months, that he has a potentially better fit with his sisters school in the fall.

I asked in the beginning of the year about there being space in his sisters Kinder classes but they were full at that time. I've got a meeting set up with the principal of her school to discuss his needs for first grade, and was planning to ask about it then.

So going to see what happens on Monday at our conference. And then going to really need to sit down with DH and look at our options! I'm pretty bad with confrontational situations, but for my child I'll do what I need to do!!

Last edited by Mara; 04/09/12 03:34 PM.