Just a word to look at the absentee rules for the school and be careful to work inside those to protect yourself. At DD's K school I called her in 3 days in a row once (she actually was sick, she was sick alot that year) and got a call from the district that she was truent. The secretary had not recorded my calls and sent them on the correct path.

When my DD was doing that, crying and begging to not want to go to school, I'd take her out a day here to give her a relief while we were still trying to fix everything (trying to work with the school).

Anyway I didn't realize but I guess I had hit the limit of her absentee days (6 for the whole year were what was allowed) and got a very nasty letter from the principal.

Luckily, the letter was on it's way in the mail after I had decided to take her out and homeschool her until further notice, and she was out free and clear and legally.

I think it's one of those things they really don't care about unless they are trying to give you a hard time, but they can throw the book at you if they want.

Interestingly enough, when I went to submit the paperwork to continue homeschooling for the next grade, that following summer, the secretary in the district was soooo mad because she had just made a bunch of copies of the form and bcause so many people from the district were submitting the paperwork to homeschool their children she had run out already!

Hmmmm....did that tell them anything?!

Just some experience to throw out at you...hopefully your situation won't get that bad!

Last edited by bzylzy; 04/05/12 08:22 PM.