And here is a thread about Aleks that will give you a better idea of the potential pitfalls:

http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/120000/ALEKS_Issues.html

geofizz has a good review somewhere online about what I find to be the worst weakest part, namely the lack of generalized, conceptual instruction. There is some useful reference if you click the links introducing a new term, but it remains skimpy, and I am fairly sure a bright child could end up "mastering" concepts without an actual solid understanding of the subject.

Also, not much writing, which my son loves, but is not a good preparation for "show your work" school tests. Standardized testing, yes.

But your daughter seems to have the right profile to make it work, as long as you are aware of the pitfalls.

Right now we have slowed my (AS) son's progression, since he is working 2 years above grade level and per his therapist (who is very set against acceleration in general) this is working to his strengths rather than his weaknesses (word problems!) *and* is going to further worsen his issues with cooperative work in small group settings .