Ruf Estimates™ Gifted Assessment FAQs | TalentIgniter
What are the Ruf Estimates of Five Levels of Gifted and how do I learn more about this before I pay for this assessment?

www.talentigniter.com/faqs

Educational Options
School Issues and Educational Options (2005) (formerly titled Losing Our Minds: Gifted Children Left Behind) by Deborah L. Ruf, Ph.D.
educationaloptions.com

If you think about the bell curve, then you will see that about 2/3rd of gifted kids cluster right up against the cut off (this is true no for most of the commonly used cut offs)

It's good to figure out if you child is in the big group fairly close to the line, or way off in the tippy tail, because the more unusual a child is, the less the usual advice will work.

The main question to ask is: is my local kindy a full day or half day program? Is my kid 'in the ballpark' for our local school district? (We call this optimally gifted or 'in good company' gifted here.)

In other words, if you put up a 'lets read together' club for kids your child's age at the local library, would you find any other participants. Plenty of wildly gifted kids don't read early, but most of the very early reading kids are gifted. Particularly the ones that learn with very little adult help.

That's logical, becuase cracking the code of reading is a good signal of advanced problem solving.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com