I'm sure you'll get some great replies from others who know a lot more about such things. I just wanted to say that I think you've probably solved the mystery...the combination of shifting interests and simply not finding books she enjoyes right now in her "required" lexile. My DD(now 22) was a very strong reader (although not as strong as your daughter)and went through a similar "phase" in upper elementary school. I was alarmed when she announced to me one day "I just really don't get the point of reading. I would never do it for enjoyment." What!?!? I couldn't believe it and immediately set out to change her outlook. It took a while...but by high school she once again decided she enjoyed reading. She graduated from college in May with a 4.0 in her major...English...and is currently in graduate school at the University of Oxford writing a dissertation on the writings of Jane Austen! Clearly, she worked through the issues and is an avid reader...both for pleasure and for school. Good luck...I know you can work through this with your daughter, too.