km
I am dyslexic so we are hypersenstive to anything remotely resembling it - we are watching that like a hawk. We are having him evaluated by the school OT, actually the school encouraged us to. I wholeheartedly agree about the praise - we praise his effort and try to show him how far he has come. So I know there is a component here. He was a preemie and all his physical development has been slow - not delayed - but slow. With writing, all the things grinity recommends are the things he doesnt want to do, has never wanted to do play doh or write or color for long periods. So I am hoping some of this is strength but there is also something else there. He is actually really making improvement, its just not as fast or as close to where the want him. I fear that if he has dyslexia he will be like me - and unknowingly able to mask it for a long time and then suddenly unable to and then painful fail - I really dont want that to happen.

Some of this might indeed be a disability - but some if it is definitely the unwillingness to do it and I cant seem to get anywhere with him on that. But I posted essentially to find out if it matters - and interestingly from totally different perspectives you and G say yes!

DeHe