I am not a teacher. My mom was. My friend is a G&T teacher w/13 years' experience and a Masters in it.

They're both saying if your kid's only currency is listening (and modifying behavior in rational and acceptable ways, as a result) when you explain things rationally and logically to him, it is highly unlikely, if not impossible, that he is an Aspie.

That's all I've got for you, but I trust them both. Get your child re-tested, or re-evaluated, on that score.

Also, I was not aware that the obsessional and/or other somewhat troublesome behaviors of Aspie kids could go away, or be grown out of. They can be moderated and he can somewhat adjust to those outward things w/behavior training, etc, but that he could not just make them stop/they do not just disappear, no matter what. If they do, then being Aspie was not the cause of them. That's what the psych told us when our kids' teacher last year intimated he might be, and we (and the psych and his peds dr) were all like, what? He's 7 and no one but you ever sees them, and only under certain circumstances/in certain environments, and they go away at will?

NO WAY. Something else is going on, we all said. And the something else turned out to be he's gifted. Go figure.

Get your child re-evaluated. Good luck.