GHS, the question book was already filled in when they reached the class. 3 of them only had done this (put their answers on the question book). She accepted that the other girl may have got the other 2 most difficult (non multiple choice) right like she did, but when she came home she said how then she saw that her answers to the other 3 written answers were the same as hers. It was then that she first realized that she must have copied, because those answers were totally random. This upset her as she said she had worked very very hard on those 2 hard questions. Her working is in her question book which we still have. The competition is designed such that most kids won't even get to those last 5 hard questions, which are worth 6,7,8,9,and 10 respectively. Well she got the ones with 7 and 9 correct!

I too thought they may have been disqualified when the same, random answers
were given. I too thought the marking software (ESP in a math test lol) would pick this up. Which is when I first started
wondering how best to handle this issue! But unless the school has been told and has chosen to not say anything, or maybe as the random answers weren't
actually consecutive??