Originally Posted by stephanie
Yes, it is the rest of the group that I am concerned about. Their relative strength in math has been corrupted, which will effect everything from class placement, to grades, pacademic prizes, and even subject acceleration........
I think this concern is misplaced. If it were an in-school competition, maybe... but since there's a much wider population that they're being compared with, what matters is where they fall in comparison to that, not how they fall in comparison to one another. If the child who cheated (it seems) has something decided just on the basis of this one thing, then yes, she may get some honour she doesn't deserve, but she's one person, and in any case it would be incompetence on the part of the teachers to base a judgement of a child on just this one piece of information.

Are you sure you're not just displacing your righteous and understandable indignation, that someone else did nearly as well as your DD and didn't deserve to, onto this concern? TBH at the end of the day, it's annoying, but it doesn't matter. Does it?

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail