Hi,

Not quite sure how to best deal with this. My daughter sat (along with 5 other students in her year) a high level maths competition some months ago. Well, it was really tough, and my daughter came home and told me one of the other girls who sat must have copied her answers. The first 35 questions were multiple choice, and the final five required written answers, and were worth a lot more points. My daughter only managed to have time to work out 2 of the last 5 hard questions (it was the same competition for years 5-7 and she is year 5). The other 3 questions, she wrote totally random 3 digit answers, figuring an answer was better than none.

Well, afterwards, the girl who was sitting next to her had written her answers on her paper as they were told they could, and she had coincidentally written the exact same answers? Even the randomly chosen ones my daughter had?

Well, results come out yesterday, and my daughter achieves in top 1% which she is thrilled with.........only high distinction in her year. But this other girl scores just below (distinction) whilst the other 3 chosen to do the competition received no awards.

What to do.? Just let it go? My DD is well known for being way beyond any other kids in maths in her year, and always achieves way beyond anyone else. What really worries me about this, is the other 3 kids, who now appear way below "the girl who copied".

My DD wants to say nothing (I guess she still got the best score.....her copying obviously wasn't perfect!) and this girl is a friend.

Somehow doesn't seem right to me though.......anyone BTDT and have any advice?