Just as a point of reference, when we did things like Aleks that were totally online We didn't work for more than 20 minutes including QuickTables when we first started. I'm sure Burnout would have ensued and she did go through topics quickly. I can't imagine an hour.

Update: Class w/video Started Yesterday. It is webcam based via a computer and she can talk interact with the class. The teacher is very organized and helpful. The homework grading system is a breath of fresh air since they don't give the kids a 50 for making an arithmetic error on 1/2 problems and allow partial credit if you show your work, yay!

Main Comments from DD: not comfortable asking questions out loud over webcam (it was the first day). Upon digging a little, she would not normally ask questions out loud anyways, she would go to the teachers desk to act quietly during work time. (I'd classify her as a Shy-E. People are so surprised when they hear she is shy)...Hopefully, this will get better. I convinced her to give it a try for at least the first grading period.

The two things that convinced her even though the first day was a bit weird. 1) She prefers not sitting in the classroom and being singled out with different assignments. 2) The magnet class is a better pace-They don't spend 2 weeks doing order of operations or Properties of Add/Mult (Commutative, etc).

At one point during our first day talk she said you mean they learn something new every day? Me: Yes because since everyone is more at the same level, the teacher doesn't have to repeat as much.(vs doing the above for a whole week or sometimes two). From what I've seen they don't stay on a topic for more than a few days-and those mainly when it's something where practice/accuracy payoff in the long run. (ie mult/div with decimals maybe 3 days?) I'm sure some concepts later in the year may be totally new and require a little more. We'll see.

We may eventually try to get a day here and there where maybe she can go meet the class; however, this would require missing part of language arts.