Not sure if it is two-way comm or not. I'm actually still waiting to find out. I'm not sure how/why the idea came about. I thought they had a decent plan in place wrt just getting the 6th grade curriculum and having her do it in the classroom. But this new idea came about this week. Still not sure if it was just a brainstorm or if there is just a specific reason.

I do know that our GT Coordinator wanted to make sure that the situation described by Midwestmom doesn't happen (ie a workbook in a corner or all computer time working alone). I think the school also wants to make sure that they don't have any gaps to move on in middle school the next year plus the added benefit of the class being with the teacher at the magnet school. She's done both Aleks and EPGY but with me vs a teacher which never works as well. It works much better when the work isn't my idea since she will actually turn off the TV willingly for "real" homework required by her teachers. I really have no idea how she would do with phone/video support...

My guess is they want her to learn the pace of the magnet school so she will be prepared for next year (as long as the opportunity is there). I've been told it's fairly challenging.