Thank you, mumofthree.

We won't ignore the possible ADD. We do want to get to the bottom of this, to help him.

We have been reading up on 2E kids; talked to his Peds from birth in the US--who incidentally would not refer him out for ADD testing last year. We will see her on our home visit at Christmas; will send his report to her as soon as we get the final copy from the psychD here.

We'll do the OT eval + set up an appt for counseling evaluation here, too. If those point to ADD + meds being needed, we'll try that. But only after seeing an MD here, which is required in this country to get meds for ADD. It will still help us go that route sooner than seeing his regular Peds in the US in December.

I don't want him to give up, or to fail. And I won't give up on him, either.

Just worried that no matter what we do, it might not make a difference when we get back home.

I don't think he can hit that 99 percentile in all areas, as needed for continued G&T here if we stay on next year; that standardized achievement testing is here in Grade 3, in just weeks.

And he hasn't met the hard 130 cutoff here via testing, so that excludes him from G&T if we move home, instead.

No vouchers in our PA county, Butler, back home. And we cannot afford to move to the next county over for several years yet, until the housing market fully rebounds.

Catholic schools in our county do not do G&T; they SAY they do, but I've looked into them. They do NOT. They do have smaller classes, but that's not G&T.

I just do not know what we are going to do. I was hoping if he could get G&T declared here, it would follow us and we could apply well in advance, to have a spot secured in our neighborhood school back home. ie: Live and work and send him to school in the area where we live.

No idea what we can do now. And may I just say, I just HATE HATE HATE all this pressure on us, and him, to hit these numbers to get what he needs?

Kids are NOT numbers.

And he is already performing well beyond high average expectations or better, in all school areas but math and some social things, now!

All I can do is do the evals, cross my fingers and hope for the best here. Get all G&T extras/enrichments Grade 3 will give him here.

Then hope 1 year of OT PT and/or counseling and meds here, will help him in time to retest for September G&T acceptance next year, in the US.

Or is there something else I can or should do, that I am not hearing/seeing/missing?