Bookratt, I don't feel at all expert enough to advise you, but until someone else more knowledgable comes along - The WJ and WIAT tests are achievement tests NOT IQ tests, the WISC tests IQ / potential, achievement tests are to see what is being done with that potential. It is not surprising, with un-remediated issues like your sons that his achievement is not currently in line with his IQ.

My own DD has a huge yawning gap between her WMI and other scores (which are not as high as your sons). For us OT picked up a number of issues. We did a course of OT treatment, DD has swimming lessons, piano lessons and is on a very strict elimination diet. I feel like all of these things have really helped her a lot. But not enough.

After much recent reading I think that she almost certainly has ADHD inattentive type (ADD) and possibly also dyslexia and ideational dyspraxia. I really wish that when the ed psych who evaluated her 2 years ago said "At first she seemed to have classic inattentive ADHD, but then shew as able to concentrate on some things so she doesn't really" that we had not taken a huge sigh of relief, but instead had pursued it further and had a definite diagnosis from a developmental paed or similar. I feel like we could have done more for DD than we have.

Two friends have started their sons on medication for inattentive ADHD in the last month and both boys beg to be allowed to take the medication on the weekends because they themselves feel so much better. Both parents have cried when they talk about waiting so long because they thought not being diagnosed or labelled and not medicating was the right thing to do.

My point is not that your son does have ADD or ADHD, or the OT won't be enough. I just wish that someone had said to me 2yrs ago that once ADHD has been flagged as a possible issue it is really, really worth exploring fully with someone truly expert in teasing out what is going on developmentally with your child. And given that he is also gifted you will need to choose your professional carefully.