My son is gifted which I suspected since he was very young. He has always performed well so it was very apparent to his teachers also. The main problem is his many sensitivities- touch, sound, emotional and his deep thinking along with his extreme extraversion. Because everything he thinks, feels comes out of his mouth we have run into our share of problems. He can over react to touch, to mean words, to very noisy classrooms. HIs over enthuisiam about life and learning which many kids do not share is not always well recieved. My question is threefold. HIs IQ basically ceiling out on the WISC, what I have read is that most of these kids that have really high IQ's are introverts- what are they like when they are extraverts. Many educators have suggested many diagnosis, the one that makes most sense is sensory integration issues. Many of the sensitivities I have read that gifted kids have are very like if not the same thing as sensory integration problems. Any suggestions as what to do with this child????????

karen