I am currently homeschooling, and it is going very well. The only down side at this point is the lack of social opportunities and the chance to be more physically active. My child is a very social creature, as am I, however, we aren't with friends and family on a weekly basis or anything. So, ds6 spends the majority of his time with adults. He enjoyes being with other children (older than him) so much, and I feel so guilty that he doesn't get the opportunity as often as he and I would like.

Dh and I have been researching other school options (just pulled him out of a rigid Catholic school), and Montessori seems to be the best fit so far (along with hs). Ds would prefer to continue homeschooling, and I'm enjoying it as well. However, we continue to consider the Montessori school option for social reasons. Also, I think it would do wonders for ds's confidence and independence.

So, in theory Montessori sure seems to be a good fit for gifted children, but in reality does it work? I'd love to hear others' experiences related to Montessori education for their gifted child. Is homeschool usually a better fit? Much of what I read about giftedness leads me back to homeschooling as the best plan, but I'd love to hear more about Montessori. It's very expensive, and you are locked in for a year's tuition once you begin. I want to be very sure before making any kind of change.

Thanks for your input!
Jen