I also was in love with the Montessori method...it is such an AWESOME idea and done the right way could be such a great fit for gifted students. My husband used to laugh at me last year....I had looked at adding Montessori to my teaching certification because I had done so much research and just loved the whole idea....if we had enough money we would open up a private Montessori school for gifted and high achieving children. We really, really wanted it to be a good fit for our son but it just didn't turn out that way. We are on our 2nd year of homeschooling and we do combine some montessori lessons into our homeschooling curriculum...there are a lot of sites out there and videos you can find on the web showing how to adapt the lessons into homeschooling. For socializing, there are so many ways you can find things that allow your homeschooler to be able to be around others during the day...do you have any local or near zoo's, science museums, art museums? Many of these places offer homeschooling classes during the month. If you also do some websearches in your area you might be able to find some homeschool support groups that meet during the week to complete activities together :-) My little guy is more socially active than he has ever been in his whole life over the past 2 months of homeschooling :-)