My 6y/o daughter just took the WISC-IV. I am so confused! Kate has always seemed bright to me, but she is my first child & I really don't know what is "normal". I know she is not exceptionally gifted, but I am suspicious that she is moderately gifted. The WISC-IV has only confused me the more I've researched scoring and what it means.
We only decided to screen her after she "failed" develpomental readiness screenings for 3 private schools.
These were the few things that struck me over the years that may indicate giftedness:
She knew the alphabet by age three and all the sounds letters make with very little instruction.
At around 18 to 20 months old, she looked out the car window from a red light and said "That's where doggies go"...this was a small nondescript, no signage shop in a strip mall where we only occasionally took the dogs to be groomed. I was shocked she noticed/recognized/remembered this.
She made her first, funny joke at age two.
At age Four, she worked successfully on adult jigsaw puzzles for so long I had to take them away from her.
She has an intense, ongoing love of the natural world and corrects adults regarding animals, animal behavior, habitat, etc.

Anyway,here are her WISC-IV scores.

VCI 124
(Her scores on the subtests her were all 14. Is this 2 standard deviations from the mean? So is this the low end of gifted scoring?

PRI 129

Now here is where I think her FSIQ was artificially lowered:
WMI 110
PSI 88!!!!

That PSI score of 88 places her in the 21st percentile. That is what prompted me to research these scores. Apparently PSI is a poor indicator of intellectual ability.Kate is a perfectionist
and worked with 100% accuracy on that subtest but timed out.

I would appreciate any info/ comments. Let me just say, I know she is bright and I'm FINE (beyond fine...just thankful to have a healthy child) if she is "merely" bright and not gifted. Just seeking insight!