Boy, you all are so helpful, encouraging and kind. I really appreciate all the advice/opinions.

I really know NOTHING about the talent search process. Do you have to "qualify" with IQ/ or achievement test scores? do the schools tell you about these programs? My school gives achievement tests in 3rd grade. What do the schools generally do with these scores? Do they use that to identify and refer children for these talent searches?

The psychologist suggested retesting Kate in 3 years. She did say Kate was quick to say "I don't Know" or give up, but when prompted/encouraged could indeed often provide an answer. Have any of you had this problem with your children? K is just reluctant to do anything she does not want to do, including answering a question! I am afraid that without the psy. encouraging her and making the testing fun, she would not do her best on a talnet search. Do you all think this is just a maturity issue?

Here is a question I have for everyone: after reading all about the signs of giftedness, K has really strongly displayed many of them. However, my just-turned-5y/o does not. She seems perfectly bright, but none of the sort of "weirdness" K has. This makes me curious about what is going on in B's noggin. Yet I'm reluctant to have her tested next year, you know, you hate to even inadvertantly or unconsciously label your children. The psy said she just wanted to know about her own children and so tested them all; she said it jut helped her know how their brains worked. Have you all tested all your children? Are they all pretty close in their test results?

Also, on this WISC-IV, do any of these subtests correlate with mathematical ability? Isn't that a big part of intelligence( I think I read it was stringly correlated) So I figure one of the subtests must correlate to that.