My daughter was tested at seven on the WISC-III and at ten on the WISC-IV. Her FSIQ score decreased considerable with the new test, as did her verbal score.

The second test was part of a multi-day battery to determine whether she has a learning disability. (Auditory perception and processing and expressive language problems were highly suspected by the PhD psychology/MA education head of dept. of a large university, but we (would) have to defer to an audiologist and speech therapist for an official diagnosis.)

Her WISC-III (7 yrs) subtests were as follows: FSIQ 141

Verbal Comprehension 144
Perceptual Organization 133
Freedom from Distractibility 98
Processing Speed 129

Her WISC-IV (10 yrs) subtests were as follows: FSIQ 124 (same as gifted norm group)

Verbal Comprehension 116
Perceptual Reasoning 133
Working Memory 110
Processing Speed 109

I can say with certainty that she is (at least) moderately gifted. Her early development was quite advanced in comparison to age peers. I know her LD depresses her scores, but we live in an area that doesn�t recognize 2E, so supporting her giftedness is a higher priority in our forced choice situation.

BTW, she is very visual. To my knowledge, no one has ever beat her at a game of Concentration, including her Young Scholar brother.

I hope this example helps.

Diana