I read I think on this board somewhere, that if one is trying to sift out extremely gifted from moderately gifted the wppsi is less good as a five year old? The idea I got was that as a 5 year old there is less room for error, is that true? Ie that if you are going to test before 6 (when you can use the wisc) you may want to do it at 4 when the test is roomy?

Is it true it's a short test? Does it take longer if they have to test out to the ceiling? Is it ever split over two days the way the wisc sometimes is?

I'm undecided on whether to test DS who is nearly 4. I would like to, just out of curiosity. A high score might proprel me to advocate more in an ahead-of-time sort of way. On the con side is that he doesn't like to write at all yet, so probably couldn't do the coding section. And he's immature with directions to where he's liable to get off track with puzzles or blocks and just do his own thing, especially if what they want him to make doesn't seem interesting.

For him I'd guess only the verbal sections and possibly blocks would be accurate. Is it worth it to do if one knows that ahead?

Can the tester skip the very beginning easy items at all? Are there other tests for later ages where they can skip to harder items early on?

I haven't looked hard but does dys accept testing done before 5? Just that they can't apply until 5? Or should testing for dys be done after they turn 5?

Lots of questions!

Polly

Last edited by Polly; 03/05/11 05:14 PM.