Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 192 guests, and 38 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Originally Posted by blob
    My friend observed that he loves to talk science-based fantasies, and perhaps he'd relate better to someone who does the same speak as he does. Strangely we can't find any around us! So perhaps in a G crowd with super interests in physics, chemistry etc, he'd have an easier time finding someone to relate to.
    Their might be an astronomy club somewhere - check if there is a local planetarium. How far to the nearest science museum? I would ask around at the local college or high school if there is a science-loving kid you could hire as a tutor/babysitter.

If you've only been homeschooling for a month, I wouldn't really spend too much time looking into the future - there seems to be a pretty universal transition period while the kids detox from school. But do keep your eyes open for nudge-opportunities, of course!

Love and More Love,
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    Originally Posted by La Texican
    �I have never been to a gifted conference. �I'm just making all this up, but that's what I hope it's like. �That's just what I'm starting to build up in my imagination of what it must be like. �And that's not even getting into the projects and inspired, and schemes collaborated, and pranks pulled off- there better not be pranks!
    No pranks as far as I know - but lots of fast humor, sometimes more 'sarcastic' than I allow myself in polite company. Sometimes when I'm there, I wish I was here - because here I can get right to the point and say what I think. There one has to start with introductions and in the beginning it was harder to get past that stage. Now I see folks I already know, so that isn't a problem. I bring knitting for when it's my turn to sit in the big group and listen to each one all around the table. Fun Fun.
    Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    B
    blob Offline OP
    OP Offline
    B
    Ah, looks like a quick rethink about the conference is in order as *I* have to participate too. No doubt where sonny got his genes :p.

T
    T
    Sometimes you need to take the lead when it comes to making friends. I found talking to other parents before and after school or activity was a great time to get to know other parents. If you find a parent you like or their is a child your child likes, invite them on a play date. It could be in a park after school or at your home. Invite both the parent and child so that you get to know them. I worked for us and now our son has a nice set of friends who will be attending his birthday party on Saturday. You can also just invite the entire class to a birthday party.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM