Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 192 guests, and 42 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    J
    J
    I'm guessing Blob does too.

Maybe her floppiness is only correlated to the fact that now all of a sudden at almost 5 she falls of the bed a lot??? wink

I have a DS5 beginning Kindergarten this fall. I am really curious about how he will do as my DD11 has been grade skipped and subject accelerated 2 years on top of that. DS is a mathy kid, hates reading and writing. DD OTOH was an early reader and a mature 4 year old in Kindergarten. I am glad we chose a 1/2 day option with the afternoon off, so we can do our own enrichment activities with him.

We are lucky to live in gifted friendly school district, but there aren't any services in Kindergarten that I know of. I don't anticipate any problems, but who knows...

Jen

G
    G
    My ds5 is starting k this year too. I am already getting a bit nervous for him. I think he's more than ready to learn more challenging material and is craving it but so far isn't getting as much as he would like. His entire being shines when he is learning and stimulated. I hope school will be a positive experience for him.

M
    M
    DS4 is starting co-op next week. He will be in the K group but will be doing a project in Geography that the 1st grade and up group is doing. He is excited about going to class and seeing his friends. Some we have co-oped with for two years. He is homeschooled and working at a variety of levels on his schoolwork at home.

M
    M
    DS was so happy to be back and co-op with his friends (even though we do projects/work at home daily).

K
    ktmo Offline OP
    OP Offline
    K
    DD is loving kindergarten. We are going on week three and she is having a lot of fun. They are conducting their initial assessments and DD has been telling me about it. I was able to figure out that her teacher asked her to read a book and through lots of googling, I was able to find out it was a level 5 (lower than where she is, but it is a start). I am so glad that the teacher knows that she can read. I haven't really had any conversations with her about where she is, although there is some information in her file. DD loves science and I signed her up for an after school Hands on Science club. I think she'll enjoy that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM