Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 137 guests, and 36 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    B
    B
    Originally Posted by HelloBaby
    Originally Posted by bluemagic
    My son has worns the yellow striped socks bought at Target for years and never had any complaints about socks. (I'm not sure of the brand either.. they aren't labeled.)

Are they with the rest of the sock selections?
    Yes.. they are something like "Gold Toe". I know they are in the kids section & adult section. Although looking at them they aren't seamless, but the seam just isn't on the toe. My son is very particular about his socks, rejecting them when I try other brands.

N
    N
    Originally Posted by notnafnaf
    - if my own experience is go by, it would have to do with how the seams line up with the stitching on the shoes (some sneakers, I really dislike because of that sock seam/shoe stitching rubbing on each other).

Now, he is careful about noting where the seam is on his foot.

I've always hated when the seam starts sliding down under the foot -- I've bemoaned for years the lack of tube socks in Walmart. And I absolutely cannot stand socks that slouch.

For the last couple of years, though, I've had this odd sensitivity to some socks, where I am walking along and all of a sudden I can feel the terrycloth on the bottoms of my feet, like walking in sand. I think it's a nerve thing, maybe a new twist on my old sciatica. Anyone recognize that?

P
    P
    Originally Posted by HelloBaby
    My son has worns the yellow striped socks bought at Target for years and never had any complaints about socks. (I'm not sure of the brand either.. they aren't labeled.)

Are they with the rest of the sock selections?
    Yes.. they are something like "Gold Toe". I know they are in the kids section & adult section.

Gold Toe is the brand name - there are stores other than Target that carry them too smile

polarbear

Nautigal #196527 07/15/14 05:53 PM
    Originally Posted by Nautigal
    Originally Posted by notnafnaf
    - if my own experience is go by, it would have to do with how the seams line up with the stitching on the shoes (some sneakers, I really dislike because of that sock seam/shoe stitching rubbing on each other).

Now, he is careful about noting where the seam is on his foot.

I've always hated when the seam starts sliding down under the foot -- I've bemoaned for years the lack of tube socks in Walmart. And I absolutely cannot stand socks that slouch.

For the last couple of years, though, I've had this odd sensitivity to some socks, where I am walking along and all of a sudden I can feel the terrycloth on the bottoms of my feet, like walking in sand. I think it's a nerve thing, maybe a new twist on my old sciatica. Anyone recognize that?

Yes. I avoid socks when possible, and I'm quite particular otherwise. Sometimes if they get scritchy like that after washing, re-washing will help. {shudders} I also cannot stand most hosiery, which feels very much like caterpillars crawling all over my skin when I move. ICK. eek

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.
    hhugh #196529 07/15/14 06:13 PM
    M
    M
    We switched to merino and problem solved. We did try sensory socks but they were so thick the fold may as well have been a seam. I was getting desperate as dd was refusing socks and it was snowing

hhugh #196531 07/15/14 07:26 PM
    A
    aeh Offline
    A
    Personally, I abominate socks, and have owned exactly one pair (at a time) for the past 20 years, which is worn only when I have to (such as inside certain boots or running shoes). (And even then, I don't always wear them.)

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM