Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 441 guests, and 9 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    RJH Offline
    Monster Jam... ah yes, monster trucks on tv, monster trucks on the wii and monster trucks on the floor

Is my son at your house? LOL! Seriously though, Monster Jam comes on at 7:30am here. DS is not a morning person, but will get up early just to watch this. And he would LOVE to have someone as enthusiastic about monster trucks on the Wii, as he is.

Oh...I forgot about "How It's Made"! The other day dd9 was home sick and wanted to watch it. They showed how to make an artificial eye!!!!! (I was so grossed out!!) She loved it!

I keep forgetting to DVR How It's Made. *I'm* addicted to that show.

JB

J
    J
    Originally Posted by RJH
    Monster Jam... ah yes, monster trucks on tv, monster trucks on the wii and monster trucks on the floor

Is my son at your house? LOL! Seriously though, Monster Jam comes on at 7:30am here. DS is not a morning person, but will get up early just to watch this. And he would LOVE to have someone as enthusiastic about monster trucks on the Wii, as he is.

That's funny. I hate playing with him b/c he beats the pants off of me! It's crazy! No 5 year old should be that good at that game! ha!

W
    W
    Cyberchase, Zula Patrol, Wordgirl, Magic School Bus and Tutenstein (help me there) and one I love (beside Wordgirl) is Pheanus and Ferb. Just for entertainment, but we all love that one.

Ren

Originally Posted by Kriston
    Originally Posted by Austin
    He watched just about all of Wizard of Oz at 9 mos.

Be careful with "Wizard of Oz." Both my kids were TERRIFIED by it. The witch was too scary. They never even made it to the flying monkeys! DS4--my sensitive one--is still too scared to watch it!

Oh, Mr W was fine. He really loved the Lion.

I saw it when I was 4 and had flying monkey nightmares for weeks!!

Yes, I just meant for other parents. If Mr. W was fine, then no worries.

(Though I'm also thinking that he may be too young for that kind of fear yet. Be prepared for it to wig him out completely at some point even though he loved it before.) wink

Kriston
    DS8 watches old yu-gi-oh videos, and will definitely tune into a science program. He is enjoying Junkyard wars on the science channel lately, and a series on getting to Mars. But also ICarly, a show about some kids who do a web-tv-show.

Dd3ish is excited by Max and Ruby and Sid the Science Kid; she also likes Arthur now and Magic School Bus. She was running around the other day and ran up to me and screamed - "I have blood cells!!"
    Ok.

Val Offline
    Originally Posted by Kriston
    Originally Posted by Austin
    He watched just about all of Wizard of Oz at 9 mos.

Be careful with "Wizard of Oz." Both my kids were TERRIFIED by it. The witch was too scary. They never even made it to the flying monkeys! DS4--my sensitive one--is still too scared to watch it!

My DD4 had a scary dream about the witch a few months ago. She's fascinated by the film at the same time!

Val

Val Offline
    Max and Ruby is a HUGE hit in our house. I can't recommend this show enough for young kids. Even DS9 still loves it.

DS7 has been watching BBC shows about prehistoric creatures since he was around 2 1/2. He likes pretty much anything with dinosaurs (so everything from The Land Before Time to Jurassic Park).

Star Wars, including the TV show The Clone Wars, is a big hit with DS9 and DS7 to a lesser extent. DS9 and DD4 are starting to get into Star Trek.

Val

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...